APRIL 27, 2004
CALL TO ORDER 7:32 p.m.
INTRODUCTION OF MEMBERS AND GUESTS
Jack KM6TE, Nancy KG6BIL, Jerry KF6IBP, Todd KF6KBY, Smitty W6CLG, Gladys KB6IBF, Gary K6JXM, Lamar AE6LJ, Brian KG6FOJ, Sally Cambel KG6FOL, Cliff Banfill KE6VDE, Warren Bell K7GDW
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
Gary K6JXM moved to approve the minutes.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
Minutes are posted on the web site. We have five new HAM operators: Peter Ryce KG6UCD, Mike Nicklin KG6UCE , David Davidson KG6UCF, Jim Courtois KG6UCG and Ed Smith Jr. KG6USG
Jack approved the minutes. Gary seconded.
Bank Balances $1235.09 in checking account, and $947.76 in the reserve account. No. of Members 45
Nancy will post the SHARC membership list on the WEB site.
Repeaters, Antennas, Event Communications, Emergency Planning
Jack reports the repeaters are all up and working without any problems.
Jack reported on the Emergency Planning Team meeting.
Jack reports we have a new club call, W6HUM. We are going to use it to check in on Packet. W6HUM-1. Packet Station.
Jerry asks if -1 will be based at his place? Jack says the club's packet is at his place and runs off of 12 volts. That will be -1. We will make CDF -2. Jack wonders if we want the club call on our repeater systems. The repeater would have to be reprogrammed. Does anyone have any objections to putting the 79 and Shelter Cove. Smitty is agreeable to doing what the club wants to do.
Nancy suggests we talk about it next week. Doug KD6EGJ feels he likes the old signs. One is his dad's. That is important.
Jerry brought up Gary Wellborn's quest for more money to support our activities. Jerry wonders if we would go to a non-profit to explore getting grant moneys. Jerry proposed a Board Meeting at the Fire House May 11th to discuss pros and cons of non-profit status. Lamar questions why we need money. Jack suggests our club take over the ownership of the 733 repeater. Our club will need to put in some expenses. It would be tied in with a 440 link. There is a radio, antenna and coax. We would need some money for solar panels, etc. Lamar wishes to have a meeting to discuss the issues regarding on going costs, etc. Lamar seconded Jerry's motion.
Group meeting at Pratt Mountain repeater site. Jack suggested May 22nd. Field trip agreed upon. 10:30a.m. meeting at Verizon. Then carpool. Trip set.
Jack requests two more antenna work parties at the CDF. A few people to put up piping, Date set for May 8th. at 9:00 A.M.
Rodeo on Father's Day, Nancy will be contact.
Marathon this weekend, Cory is putting that together KN6ZU
Kinetic Sculpture Race Memorial Day.
DOOR PRIZE All those attending will have their names put in the box for the drawing.